Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday America




We celebrated by first joining Daniel's family in swimming, fireworks, and cooking out.

As you can see, Mallory was all decked out in her July 4th t-shirt. It barely fit over her big head but we managed!

Mallory's older cousins, Blake and Harlie, helped her light each of her sparklers. At first she refused the sparkler but then realized how much fun they were.

After we left the family, we went to another party. Daniel's friends had a pool party. They also had sparklers and bottle rockets. Mallory enjoyed swimming again and watching the bottle rockets.

She had a busy day but I think she had fun. I'm glad she is enjoying these days before her surgery.

Finished school shopping for Mallory. She will be getting 3 new outfits from Gymboree plus a new book bag. Her Nikes that Santa Claus brought still fit so I don't think she will be getting new shoes.

2 comments:

Anna T. Ham said...

Grandma, it is so weird that you thought about our times at the beach. On Friday a little girl approached us to show us the sand dollar that she found. It made me think about how we worked hard to find them.

Does Grandpa still have the one I gave him?

Grandma Y said...

Yes. He sure does. It looks like you had a wonderful 4th.