Thursday, January 14, 2010

I know, I'm sorry

It has been a long time since I posted anything. I've been busy. I have cooked dinner every night this week--except for tonight. Mallory's gymnastics is on Thursdays now. As you know, when you cook, there is cleaning to be done.

I've decided to stop trying not to be the pain in the a$$ parent. I told Mallory's teachers that she is capable of learning. I reminded them that they should be able to develop alternative teaching methods so that my child could reach her full potential. Jeez, I get tired of their "concerns" and the famous question, "did Mallory take her medicine today." In other words, I asked them to concentrate on resolving the problems not dwelling on them. I really wish I could home school her.

The sad thing: I have money for a new camera but haven't found the time to go to Wal-Mart and purchase one. I also need to have my car cleaned, go to the dry cleaners, go to the post office, pick up meds at the pharmacy, schedule a doctor's appointment, and do laundry. Oh yeah, I need to do some cleaning. I've been so busy that I haven't lifted weights this week and have barely gotten my cardio in.

Tomorrow night I will be going out to dinner with my friends (Lealane, Krystial, and Kristina). We go out every year for my birthday. I am really excited. It has been a long time.

Kristy is taking her girls to see mom this weekend. I know that they are excited. I'm sure Grandma will show them a good time.

Danny went to the er last night. He had a terrible seizure but is fine now. Apparently they kept him long enough to do several tests. He left with a script and Melissa said he went to work today.

Our county's board of education made additional cuts today. Teachers are furloughing again, each school has been asked to slash expenses, and summer school has been cancelled--all to save money. This news is devasting to me. I went to a school meeting last week. Currently, at Mal's elementary school, 1st grade has one teacher with 20-23 students. Next year's class sizes are projected to be 23-25 (this # may be bigger if teachers are going to be laid off--again). Not to mention the kids who rely on summer school to stay caught up. Projected date for recovery: 2015.

I guess I will stop complaining now. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I should have my new camera soon.

Becky, let me know if you want to meet us for dinner.

2 comments:

BeckyG said...

U talkin about me? Dinner sounds great, but I get confused when people say "dinner". Do you mean lunch or supper? : )

Grandma Y said...

I did not know Danny has seizures. How long has this been happening. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time communicating with Mallory's teacher. That has to be exasperating.