Friday, January 29, 2010

The Big Fat Cow

Who remembers Duchess? Duchess was
our first cocker and we loved her so much. We adopted her and had her for about 3 years.

When Mallory was about 1 1/2-2 years old, Duchess moved out. She moved in with a neighbor that lives two houses down. Obviously they have taken great care of her. Duchess is about 14 years old and deaf. She is also FAT! We saw her on Halloween and I swear she is heavier.

She really reminded me of a manatee, a sea cow. She is completely round.

Mallory's doctor's appointment went very well. We couldn't have asked for better results. Both ears have healed well. We have been reduced to annual visits to monitor her hearing. We are celebrating tomorrow by going swimming at the YMCA.

After swimming we both have nail appointments. Daniel will pick Mallory up and I will stay to have my massage! I can't wait.

We will probably skip our Saturday trip to Jerry J's. We ate there this morning and Daniel was our special guest.

I also saw a certain person at Jerry J's this morning. She didn't see me and I didn't see her until she was leaving. Perhaps we can catch up soon????

0 comments: