Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Mallory News

Last night I was unable to give Mallory some of her medicine. Apparently it tastes so terrible that it awakens her. However, this morning at around 5:45, she awoke asking for some. I gave it to her and she must have really wanted it because she gulped it down without complaint. She has asked for it several times during the day and I have obliged by mixing it with coke.

I am happy to report that with the pain medication she has been up, moving, playing some, and talking a lot. Most importantly, she is eating. Compared to the first ear, this time started worse but seems to be finishing a lot easier.

Since Mallory seems to be making a speedy recovery, we will go to Daniel's family's home to celebrate Thanksgiving. I have purchased 2 pies and a key lime cake (my fav) for the occasion. I also baked a cake and added my Grannie Thigpen's special chocolate frosting.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and remember: calories DO NOT count on big national holidays.

4 comments:

Anna T. Ham said...

Grandma, did you get the picture that I mailed?

Aunt Peggy said...

I would like your Granny's chocolate icing recipe if it is that good.

Grandma Y said...

Yes,we did get the picture. Thank you so much.We LOVE getting pictures! That key lime pie sounds delicious.I appreciate knowing that today's calories do not count.Now I will thoroughly my desserts!

Grandma Y said...

I meant key lime cake.