Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday, 7/8/09

Today Mallory has slept more than she ever did as a baby. Together we have taken several naps, 2 were over 1.5 hours. The pain medicine makes her drowsy and nauseous. She has vomited many times today. I called the doctor and he has called in something for the nausea. I waited an hour before calling our pharmacy but when I did, I was told the medicine wouldn't be ready until 5. I will be there at 5 to pick it up. He also encouraged me to get her to eat. I have tried but have only been able to get her to eat some crackers, which she threw up. Daniel got her to eat some chicken noodle soup and that was thrown up to.

Although I have given Mallory the pain medicine as prescribed, she is still complaining about ear pain. I think the pain is a dull throb because she seems to be able to rest comfortably. In between naps, she is playing some and talking. Hopefully she will return to normal real soon.

Tomorrow I am hoping to switch to Advil. I'm hoping the Advil will be sufficient. I don't like giving her medicine that makes her sleep all day but will if it is the only thing that will ease the pain.

2 comments:

Aunt Peggy said...

Just out of curiosity, what drug store was it? Walgreens? They have done that a couple of times to me when it was something that was obviously needed IMMEDIATELY. I switched to a different pharmacy. I hope the medicine will make her less nauseous. Hang in there.

Grandma Y said...

Thanks for the update. I hope she will be feeling better real soon. It is really hard to watch little ones hurting.