Friday, July 31, 2009

Clearwater Beach: Day 2



Day 2 started with breakfast at Cracker Barrel. While we were eating Mallory said she liked Cracker Barrel better than Jerry J's. I asked if that meant we didn't have to go back to Jerry J's and she smiled, shook her head no, and said, "no mama." It was worth a try.

After breakfast, we headed back to the beach. In the second picture, you can see that Mallory had to carry her own sand toys. She did not like this but she preferred it to leaving them in the room.

The other picture is her walking back up to the room. She liked being wrapped with a towel and I told her that she looked like a sausage link.

After the beach, we went back to the room for a small rest and some lunch. During the middle of the day, we swam in the pool. Mallory called it "the blue pool."

For dinner, we went to Frenchy's Cafe, an awesome restaurant. They serve the BEST fried shrimp that I have ever eaten. Yes, mom better than Cedar River or Captain Joe's.

We made it to the sunset but I didn't have enough space to upload any. The sunsets are truly beautiful and are my favorite time at the beach. Everything is so calm and relaxed that I believe I could sit there every night of my life.

3 comments:

Aunt Peggy said...

It looks like so much fun! If it weren't for Addison, I would definitely move to the beach!

Anonymous said...

I love sunsets too. Also love watching the sun come up out of the ocean. A wonderful way to begin or
end the day. Mallory looks so cute and happy.

Grandma Y said...

I am NOT anonymous.