Tuesday, September 2, 2008

When She Is Like This......


When she is sleeping, like this, it makes me think that I could mentally and physically handle at least 3 more. Look at her, she looks so sweet and innocent. Its almost like she never causes any trouble. Luckily she takes short naps and my memory immediately returns.

This picture was taken yesterday afternoon. Recently she has become accustomed to not napping but apparently needed one on that day. She crawled into this chair and instantly fell asleep.

I received a note from Ms. Woodard on Friday. Mallory is not listening again so I walked her into her classroom this morning. Mallory is playing "helpless". Apparently while at school, she can't wash her own hands, put her shoes on, or help clean up. I assured Ms. Woodard that Mallory does all of those things at home. On the flip side, she said Mallory is one of the smartest kids in the class. She reported that Mallory has identified all of her letters and numbers, and has recognized and spelled her name. However, she says that when she asks Mallory common sense questions and Mallory just stares at her. She said she asked Mallory, as part of an initial assessment, "what do you do if you are hungry?", and Mallory didn't answer. I laughed out loud because Mallory LOVES to eat so we all know that Mallory knows this answer. Tonight I asked her similar questions such as "what do you if you are thirsty?" and "what do you if you spill something?" and she answered those correctly. My guess is that Mal wanted to play during the time of this assessment. Either that or a relationship was not yet developed so Mal wasn't comfortable talking. Probably the first.

0 comments: