Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mallory's Missing Tooth

Yep, the tooth fairy came last night.
Mallory lost a top front tooth, making her look like a jack rabbit. Timing couldn't be more perfect--Easter pics on March 20.

I'll post a pic of her new smile and my new hair color soon.

I asked the teacher to allow Mallory to mark through objects as she counts them on paper. She sent a note back saying it takes too much time. She said Mallory sometimes forgets the number she is on and has to start over. As a result, they are having to spend time erasing the marks. Can you believe this????? I just placed a note in her folder saying, "I just want her to use the method that she is most successful with--regardless of time consumption." After all, this is a skill that must be mastered to pass kindergarten.

1 comments:

Grandma Y said...

Looks like Mal is feeling better. That's good.Will be anxiously waiting for the picture with the missing tooth smile. Also of the raven haired beauty! Repeating kindergarten would not be so bad. Might make future grades easier for Mallory. Better to have her happy than have her struggling.