On Thursdays everyone in my program comes to the office and we have an "eligibility meeting." At this meeting, we decide which children qualify for our services. Today they surprised me by having a birthday cake and lemon cupcakes. The cake was key lime--my FAV-- and the lemon cupcakes were awesome too. They also took me to lunch. I was really touched by this gesture and it reaffirmed my decision to leave my old job.
Not a lot to report. Tomorrow I am scheduled to attend another school meeting. I would rather stick needles in my eyes, pull out all of my hair, and rip my fingernails off.
Daniel is excited about the weather. He is hoping to see some snow. I enjoy the cool weather. To me, it is a lot better than the heat! Mallory is enjoying wearing all of her different jackets. She has 3 big jackets, a scarf, mittens, and a special hood. She reminds me of the kid in the Christmas Story who falls and can't get up.
I am hoping to get a new camera this weekend. My old one has vanished and the one mom gave me is not working well. I am torn between buying a camera that I really want (more money) or settling for a cheap one (since we always mess them up).
3 weeks ago

1 comments:
It is 13 degrees this morning. Better than yesterday when it was 4 degrees! We didn't get all the snow they were predicting, but there was about a half inch and the roads had enough ice that the schools were closed yesterday and today. Aunt Mary Jo always calls and sings a little song whenever they get a snowday!
Post a Comment