Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Clearwater Beach: Day 1




We arrived in Clearwater on Saturday at around noon, as planned. We checked in, ate lunch, and headed straight to the beach. The beach was crowded but we still managed to have fun!

As you can see from the pictures, Mallory is a true beach person. She loves swimming and she loves playing in the sand.

On our first day, a wave kinda scared Mallory. After that, she didn't want to be alone AT ALL in the ocean. However, she recovered the next day. In fact, I think she began to prefer the rougher waves because she seemed to like being knocked around--a tiny bit!

She preferred swimming with Daniel, which is just fine with me. He went out further and he would go lower in the water. Although the water is clear, I still don't like swimming with fish and sea shells.

After playing for a while, we went back to the motel, went into town for dinner and went to the main beach. The playground is located at this entrance. Mallory had so much fun playing that we forgot all about the sunset. Yep, we missed the sunset on our first day. I was sooooooooooooo disappointed but remembered that I had 3 more days to see it.

The last photo was taken by tourists who offered to take our picture. I thought that was really nice because we don't have many family pictures.

BTW, Lealane I don't blame you for the motel. I read the same reviews and was shocked at the true appearance. Also, other vacationers complained about the difference as well. Most importantly, the hotel didn't ruin our vacation. Truthfully, we were not there much. We were either at the beach, pool, or in town.

BTW2, Aunt Peggy, you are always welcome to join us at the beach. Why don't you pack your bags and we can plan a trip this weekend????? Perhaps Sunday? You don't have young children and your off from work, you have absolutely no reason not to come!

2 comments:

Anna T. Ham said...

Forgot to mention that we will be going to jacksonville tomorrow. Mallory has another appointment with the eye clinic. I plan on talking to him abut her visual perception--I think it is lacking. Will let you know how it goes.

Tomorrow we also have kindergarten open house. Can't wait to meet Mal's teachers!

Aunt Peggy said...

Let's tentatively plan a fun weekend next summer. I start school Monday. :( Looks like Mallory had a ball!