Monday, April 27, 2009

My Day Off

Today was Confederate Memorial Day. The state of GA celebrated by allowing all of its employees off. I certainly enjoyed my day!

As usual, I got Mal ready for school and then drove her. However, instead of going to work, I went home and went back to bed. I slept for about an hour, a little longer, I think. Eventually I got up, played on the computer and ate a grilled cheese sandwich. I started reading a "fluff" book and at about noon, I jumped on my treadmill. I ran 1.5 miles with moderate knee pain, which is why it was a short run. I later went to the YMCA, did an upper body workout and finished the session with a 30 minute swim lesson.

Daniel brought Mallory to the Y. We swam for about an hour. When we got into the car, she said, "I'm starving. I really need a happy meal." How could I argue? I bought her a happy meal from Wendy's.

We went home and I cooked spaghetti for Daniel and Mallory. I had a salad and a lean pocket. Now I am tired, from swimming no doubt, and I am ready for everyone to go to bed.

I need to rest up, I return to work tomorrow!

0 comments: