Not much to report. After our 3 forays into the night, Mallory came down with a terrible cold. I really thought that she would have to be taken to Convenient Care but she pulled through. She still has a minor cough but not nearly as bad as it was. On Friday night and Saturday morning, she suffered from a terrible cough, runny nose, and her left ear drained.
She is such a trooper, she didn't allow a cold to prevent her from going to Jerry J's. I was hoping to cancel or reschedule but she begged. We ate our usual breakfast but instead of going grocery shopping, we went to the mall. Mallory needed some new "winter" shoes (brown loafers). After wrestling on numerous pairs of shoes, we finally found a cute pair from Sears. Sears was our 4th stop. I barely had enough energy to make our weekly visit to the library.
The library, let me tell you about that visit!! She chose 2 Eric Carle books. That was the easy part. When it was time for me to look, as usual, I encouraged her to remain in the children's section to"play." While she was there, she found a georgraphy puzzle that contained pieces for each state. The puzzle was too advanced and I promised to help her once I checked out our books. Of course this was not good enough for the princess. She started yelling, "mama." I motioned for her stop but then she started yelling, "help me mama, please" over and over again, as if she was in terrible pain. The children's section in our library is in the back corner, unseen by most. If you heard her yelling, you would think that she was in real trouble. I felt that I could no longer remain passive. I left the line that I was in, walked over to her, and yanked her up. I dragged her to the back of the line and held her hand until it was time to pull out our library cards. After we checked out our books, we returned to put up the puzzle and then we went home.
When we got home, which was about 1.5 hours later than our usual Saturday, I proclaimed, rest time.
3 weeks ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment