Tuesday, October 14, 2008

SeaWorld:Day2






On Saturday night we stayed in a nearby hotel. As soon as we got there, Mallory begged to go swimming. I was a little surprised because she awoke all through the night, wanting to wake Grandma up. I finally let her at 6:22. Anyway, we got to the hotel around 6:00 pm so she should have been tired (she had no nap). We went swimming in the cold pool but ended up in the hot tub because it was warm.

As soon as we returned to SeaWorld, mom and Steve signed up to feed the dolphins. I was not interested because I had no desire to touch dead fish. Since they paid the mandatory fee they were allowed to get extra close to the dolphins. Mom, being the awesome grandmother that she is, paid for Mallory to accompany them. Mal did better than I expected. I knew she wouldn't want to touch them or feed them but she did get close to them.

The second picture is of her watching the dolphins from the underground viewing area. The dolphins are bigger than what they appear on television. I think we all enjoyed watching them swim.

The third picture was taken by Steve. We were in the Artic Blast center. This is my favorite part of SeaWorld. It is exactly what I imagine the Artic being like. It is cold, grayish in color, and there were polor bears, walruses, and beluga whales. In this picture, Mallory and I are posing next to a huge block of ice. At first I thought the block was fake but as I was getting ready to sit Mal up on it, I realized it was VERY real.

We couldn't leave SeaWorld without taking another trip to the water park. Besides, us adults were ready for a break. We were also starving but didn't eat until afterwards.

0 comments: