Monday, October 27, 2008

Mallory Goes to Work


On Tuesdays, I pick Mallory up from school and I usually bring her to my office. As you can see, she loves it! In fact, she doesn't ever want to leave. In this picture, she is sitting at our secretary's desk and she is "having a conversation" with her Uncle Greg, Daniel's brother.

After talking to my Grandma Yeager last night, I realized that there are a lot of people who may not know what I do. If you are interested, continue reading.

I work at a community service board. My agency serves mental health and developmentally delayed adults. I am on the DD side. I work with the Supported Employment Program as a case manager. All of my clients are mild MR and are or want to be contributing citizens in our society. My main job function is paperwork and acting as a liaison between my client and the Social Security Administration (SSI and SSDI benefits) and the Department of Family and Children Services (food stamps and medicaid). I also arrange doctor and dental visits for most, help some pay bills and balance their checkbooks, and take a few grocery shopping. Overall I like it. I have one client that truly gets on my nerves and I don't like making trips to the dental clinic (usually once a month) but other than that it is a fairly good job. If needed, my hours are flexible and so far I have always been able to get off when needed.

0 comments: