Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Busy but Fun Weekend

Mallory had a great birthday! She awoke ready to go to school. I didn't have to nag her about brushing her teeth or hair! In fact, she asked me to do it! She also kept telling me to look at my watch to see if it was time to go. I think she was ready to bring her cupcakes to school.

Since it was Wednesday, Mallory had gymnastics. I arrived in time to watch her for a few minutes. I saw her walk on the balance beam, first frontwards, then on tip toes, and finally backwards. She did such a good job. I was so proud of her!

She chose to eat at Chic-fil-a for her birthday dinner. She quickly ate and was ready to eat cake and ice cream. We sang happy birthday and she opened the small presents that Daniel and I bought. She got a baby doll that crawls, new underwear, and new pajamas.

She had such a good day that she fell right to sleep and didn't want to get up this morning.

Tomorrow our busy weekend will begin. Kirsten and my mom and Steve are spending the night. On Saturday we will have 2 birthday parties, including Mal's, to attend. Don and Ann, Daniel's parents, will also be visiting.

Tonight Mallory was so tired. I guess she skipped nap time. At 7:30 she brought me a blanket and asked me to rock her. How could I refuse? It maybe the last time she will ever ask, after all, she is 5 now!

0 comments: