
On Wednesday I was desperate to check my e-mail in peace. To entertain Mallory, I lined her dolls up and gave her a book. I told her to read to them. She totally loved the idea and really got into the act--until she saw me with the camera. I couldn't help it. She was so cute!!
Today I walked Mallory into her classroom (we usually go through the drop off line). Anyway, when I walked in the room, the teacher asked me if I considered Mallory to be stubborn. I truthfully answered by saying, "yes". Wouldn't you agree mom? It seems that Mallory does not want to remain seated in the lunchroom, she doesn't go to the bathroom as directed (they want her to at least try) and yesterday she refused to participate in a classroom activity. The teacher said she ended up telling Mallory that if she didn't do the task then she would call me. Mallory conceded. Mallory saw Mrs. Woodard and I talking and stayed nearby to listen. Mrs. Woodard assured me that overall Mallory's behavior is good, just rebellious at times. She said she truly believes that Mallory is testing her and that she didn't think there would be a long term problem. She also said that she has already heard Mallory count, identify shapes, colors, and upper and lower case letters. Daniel and I talked separately to her so I am hoping we will have a better report next week. I guess I will wait to see what else happens before taking further action.
3 weeks ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment