Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mallory's Day

Today did not start off well. Mallory didn't want to get up but I reminded her that she was going on a field trip so that helped. The field trip was to see a movie at our local cinema. First thing, Mallory overheard me tell Daniel that she needed $2 for popcorn and a coke. I didn't have any cash, as usual, so I told her I would first take her to school, get some money and then bring it back to her. This was not good enough for her. She was so upset. She kept saying she needed popcorn and coke and had to have money now.

As it turns out, Mallory was not her usual sweet and innocent self. First let me just tell you what was written on her daily report, which was "Mallory was not a very good listener on our field trip to the movie theater today." Can you believe this??? Wait, it gets worse. The teacher told Daniel that after she ate her popcorn she flipped her shoes off (high in the air) and continually kept trying to stand in her chair, I guess this is what was meant by not being a good listener.

Mallory's class is scheduled to go back to the movies next week. However, the school's field trip rules and policies were also home.

0 comments: