Monday, July 21, 2008

Day 2 in Clearwater



Day 2 started really early. Mallory awoke at 7:20, I got up and cooked breakfast, Daniel showered and ate, and we were out the door by 8:30. Before heading to the beach, we made 2 stops. We bought a bag of ice and some sand toys from Target. We arrived at the beach at 9:15.

Mallory's first activity was to play in the sand. This held her interest for maybe five minutes then she was ready to swim. In the second picture, you can see that Daniel took the first shift. We had to stay close to Mallory because she wasn't afraid of the water and as a result, would just keep going out further.
During this trip I did several things that I thought I never would do again. First, I went swimming in the ocean. I am not talking about me getting my feet wet. I mean I went past my waist deep. It was worth it though, because Mallory really had a great time. I also sat in the sand, not just played, but I got sand on and in my bottom from sitting. At first I tried squatting but even for my muscled legs it became too much.

I was really proud of Mallory. She was very brave and did not mind being tossed around by waves or having water in her face. I guess our presence made her feel safe.


0 comments: