

Yep, me, Lealane, and Krystial are definitely fit. We completed a 15K today. See the following link for details: http://www.gate-riverrun.com/
The race included two high bridges. As most you know, I have an intense fear of heights and bridges really do freak me out.
My personal race details: Started out fairly good. My plan was to start slow--a 12 minute pace. At about 2.5 miles into the race, I felt the need to potty. At this point, the route was residential. There were no port-a-potties until mile 5. I was very uncomfortable--as you can imagine-- but continued to run. At mile 5, I found a potty. It took me 7 minutes. Continued to run till around 6.5 miles. I started feeling pain in my knees and was beginning to get really tired. Therefore, I began to walk and at mile 7 started running again. I ran for another half mile and then started walking again. My plan was to restart at mile 8. Wrong!! Mile 8 was the start of the second bridge, Hart Bridge. The steep incline isn't easily recognized in the picture but was felt. I continued to walk till mile 9 and then ran in. After adjusting my time (must deduct the potty break, right? Only fair) I finished in about 1:55:00. My overall goal was to finish within two hours but knew I wouldn't get in before 1:45:00. Overall, I am pleased.
As only good friends, Lealane and Krystial joined me. Karina (Krystial's sister), and Jared (Karina's boyfriend) also ran. Lealane took some great pictures so check out her blog, The Sanders Family (link on the right side). I forgot to place batteries in my camera!
4 weeks ago

3 comments:
I am in complete awe! Way to go!
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU ! Way to go girl.
Great job, Anna! I can't wait to start planning our next run!
Post a Comment