This has been a very busy week. I have worked late both Monday and Tuesday and today I was off! Thanks so much to all of my relatives who have served. I know there are many of you. Here are some that I can quickly name: my parents, Grandpa Yeager, Papa Thigpen, Papa Don, and Uncle John, Great Uncle Ken Bates, and maybe great cousin Dan???
I hope everyone has an awesome Thursday! I will be meeting with Mallory's school tomorrow to discuss classroom accommodations. The result of her diagnostic testing revealed ADHD. Her scores were a little lower than average. We are hopeful that she will catch up with a good response to a medication. However, Mallory will probably always need some special ed involvement regarding her visual processing impairments.
The hard part is finding a good medication match for Mallory. From what I understand, it is trial and error. We go to the doctor on Monday to get our first script.
This is a very hard time for us. We really don't want Mallory on any type of medication but feel that it is truly needed to enhance academic performance. I'm going to be honest, I am really depressed and the only thing I I know that would make me feel better is if ALL of my BFF's go Tampa with me on 4/16-4/18
4 weeks ago

2 comments:
Nice plug for the Bon Jovi concert. Still don't think I can go.
Please don't think of the medicine as a negative. I have seen many students thrive with it. I can think of several cases in which the parents took their child off of the medication because they were so against the idea, and the child just could not cope. After they put their child back on the medication, it was smooth sailing in the classroom. Give it a try! :)
Post a Comment