Some of you already know, but not everyone.
I accepted a position with Babies Can't Wait nearly 2 weeks ago. I will be leaving my job as a case manager with Satilla Community Services on August 31. It was a very difficult decision for me. I really enjoy my job with Satilla but my program is slowly phasing out, I haven't seen a raise in two years, and I was not getting fully reimbursed for my Master's degree.
I start my new job on September 1. I will not be considered a new employee but a transfer within the state of Georgia. My new title will be Early Interventionist Specialist. I will be testing/evaluating babies and toddlers to see if their developmental delays are strong enough to warrant services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, etc.
Someone asked me today if I was excited about my new job. I must admit, I'm excited about the pay but it is work, after all. I am really worried about the clients I leave behind and the staff. I will not be replaced within my program so my caseload will be divided between three people who are already busy and they won't be getting pay raises. The state of GA is in a bad situation and if funding for this year is any indication, it won't be getting better anytime soon.
I have also already been guaranteed to be off when Mallory has her second ear surgery. We go to the doctor for the final post op on the right ear and to schedule the left ear's operation this Thursday.
I think this move is wise. The funding seems to be more secure and the hours will be a little more flexible.
4 weeks ago

2 comments:
Congrats on the new job.
I'm so proud of you. I know you will do a super job.
Post a Comment