Monday, April 20, 2009

St. Augustine: Day 2



Once again, the day started early. Mallory and I went to the hotel lobby for breakfast while Daniel stayed in bed. After Mallory coaxed him into getting up, we headed to the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum. In the second photo, Mallory is checking herself out in a mirror that makes you look taller. She was fascinated by this one but didn't like the one where she appeared very round.
We spent more time at the beach. Mallory loves everything about the beach. She loves running into the waves, waddling in the surf and she loves playing in the sand. After about 2 hours at the beach, we ate lunch and had "rest time."

After rest time, we headed to a nearby park. This park had a large playground and a carousel. Mallory really enjoyed it.

The day ended with a trip to Target, one of my favorite stores, and in the downtown historic district. That night we ate at a pizzeria. The food was really good but we still had room for a treat. We stopped at a candy store. Mallory chose clearanced Easter candy and I opted for a rock sucker.

2 comments:

Aunt Peggy said...

You would not believe just how JEALOUS I am. I wish we lived closer to a beach! I am glad that you and your family had a great time!

Grandma Y said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Sure would like to see everyone.