Monday, October 13, 2008

SeaWorld: Day 1







We spent Saturday and Sunday at SeaWorld in Orlando. We had a blast. Mallory was able to partake in the "Spooktacular" event. She trick or treated all through the park. As a result she received a bucket full of candy. In the first picture you can see that she was more concerned about posing for the camera than getting candy.

Luckily SeaWorld has a small water park for children. It was a place for kids to cool off and adults to rest. We were able to sit at a nearby shaded table while watching Mallory play. It was a great experience for all.

I have always thought of Mallory as being cautious. After all, she didn't walk until she was 14 months and didn't jump off of things until 4 so you can imagine my concern when she said she wanted to get on this ride. I took her and she truly enjoyed it. She wasn't afraid at all. In fact, she laughed the entire time.

The last picture was taken by me. I took it while we were waiting for the Clyde and Seymore show. Clyde and Seymore are walruses ( I think) and they were the second show we saw. The first show was Believe (Shamu). During this show, I actually insisted that Mallory and I sit in the splash zone. I thought she would enjoy getting wet. I was soooooooooooo wrong. She did like watching the whales swim underwater but when they splashed us, all I could do was chase after her. She immediately jumped up and started running up the steps. To my amazement, she ran straight to where Grandma and Grandpa were sitting. When we first saw Clyde and Seymore, she asked, "are they going to splash me?"

0 comments: