Monday, May 26, 2008

Busy Weekend but I love Sundays and Holidays!!!

It is a tradition for me and Mallory to go to breakfast every Saturday. We didn't eat out this time but we went to two bakeries. We were searching for a green cupcake. The first bakery didn't have any cupcakes so naturally we went on to the second. They had cupcakes but not green ones. Mallory settled for a white one. She cried all the way home because she was ready to eat it. When we got home and I gave it to her, guess how much she ate!! At most, one bite.

Later that day we baked some cookies for my dad. This means we placed cookies on the cookie sheet. Actually Mallory put them on the cookie sheet and then placed them in the oven. We took them to my dad's that evening and on the way, Mallory called Papa Sammy a pig because he loves our cookies. I was a little surprised because the last time we took cookies over there, she ate the most!!!

On Sunday, my day, I went to the beach. I was shocked at how busy it was but Krystial and I still managed to find each other. We stayed all afternoon and talked about wedding details, since I am an expert.

On Monday, we picked up Sam, dad's youngest son, and met the Raulersons at the public park. I brought snacks and Kris brought juice boxes. Fun was had by all. Mallory desperately wanted to do the monkey bars but wasn't tall enough--like Kirsten and Sam. I ended up holding her while she reached for the bars.

Tonight, Daniel grilled shrimp, steak, and a hot dog. I made potato salad and stewed squash. It was delicious.

It was such a long day that Mallory fell asleep at 7:45.

0 comments: